Wednesday, June 30, 2010

precious time

So we got a call from our lil' love bug's mom on friday and she asked if we would like to meet them at the mcdonalds by our house. They were in town and wanted to know if we wanted to see our lil' love bug and spend time with her. HELL YEAH!!!!!!! It was a quick visit and wouldn't you know, ronald mcdonald was there - it was a madhouse! We got to visit with her for about 20 minutes, she was so happy to see us. It was amazing to have that time with her and we were very happy to see her. It was the first time we had seen her since our one visit in april and it was really hard to say goodbye. She had a hard time saying goodbye to us and again she said she wanted to come home with us. It breaks my heart when she says this to me and she looks me in the face and i can see her pleading with me. Her whole face is questioning why she can't come home with us. It was hard but i feel she is happy and she seems to be doing good, as much as i can tell from our 20 minutes together. She is potty trained now, and i feel she would not have been able to accomplish this if she was not feeling safe and secure in her situation. We get to see her today again! We are going to pick her up and get to take her to the park, just me and brian. I am very excited for this time together, just the 3 of us. I am not sure why we have all this contact all of a sudden, i think we would have had this chance after our april visit but mom was so torn on whether or not to keep her that she needed some time and space. I am hoping that now that she has made her decision to keep our lil' love bug that she will let us have more contact with her. We'll see, but for now i will take whatever time we can get with her............it makes me happy:)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you still get to see her- it is good for her and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it have been any harder to swallow after we left her. I never knew I could love a child sooooo much. I miss her very much and I know you do too.

    ReplyDelete