Thursday, June 10, 2010

a separate office?

Had my yearly exam today. Why can't there be a separate gynecologist office for those who cannot have children. It is so hard to sit there in the waiting room surrounded by pregnant women, four pregnant women to be exact. It just reminds me of everything i will never have, i will never know what it's like to have a baby of my own. I've never had a joyous trip to a gynecologist. I've been pregnant and i know the joy of being pregnant, if only for a week or so but i've never made it to the first gynecologist appointment. It's just another one of those uncomfortable situations i am going to keep finding myself in, being in the doctors office surrounded by pregnant women. It reminds me of what will never happen. It was also the first time i had been back to this doctor since i had my tubal pregnancy last year. It was a pretty emotional morning, then they have all these baby pictures all over the place and it just makes the whole process that much more uncomfortable. I remember having to sit in this office a year ago with the pregnant women and baby pictures all over, that was so hard. All i could do was sit there and cry, it was horrible. It was a little easier this time, hopefully it will continue to get easier as time continues to go by. Until then, it would be nice if we could have a separate waiting room without all the baby pictures and pregnant women there to remind me of what i will never have.

2 comments:

  1. If I were a gyno I would totally do this. There is such a market for separate waiting rooms if nothing else!!! I hate it too. I haven't gone in quite a while because I hate the pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do I understand! I usually go first thing in the morning - there seem to be less pregnant ladies and kids running around. Plus I also told the OB and the nurses when I started this clinic. The information is on top of my record and the doctor does the best she can.

    As to the silly things setting you off; my husband has wanted to see "Baby Mama" since it came out. I haven't been interested. He taped it on TV (free HBO this week for no known reason) and I sat down to watch it with him. I made it 1 hour before we had to turn it off because I was crying. It wasn't even a good movie; or a funny movie; just a stupid pregnant movie.

    ReplyDelete