Friday, June 11, 2010

my grandma

Yesterday was the 4th anniversary of the day my grandma died. She was wonderful and she is still greatly missed. I can't believe it's been four years, it feels like she was here just yesterday, i can still see her sitting in her chair crocheting. She had an incredible strength that i hope i have inherited. She died of cancer and if you know anyone who has died of cancer you know how horrible that disease is. She trusted in God with no question and i could see her use her faith to make it through those final days. I was there in her room with my aunts, uncles and cousins the night she died. It was incredible and something i will forever hold dear to my heart as one of the greatest experiences of my life. My grandma had instilled in all of us a great faith in God and in that moment of her death i saw God present in her room. We were crying, they were tears of sadness at our loss but also tears of thankfulness that she was going on to a better place. I know she is in heaven and i miss her every day. love you Grandma Jennie!

No comments:

Post a Comment