Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This new thing I call my blog!

Well here I am 8 years after getting married and still no baby. Isn't it crazy how you get married and you just assume the babies are next. It's been a very long and bumpy road........how is it I am where I am now? I guess that's where I will begin my story. How have I ended up childless after 8 years of trying, not only trying to get pregnant but trying to adopt through the foster care system. I don't want this to be a 'oh, poor me' kinda blog, I have definetly done enough of that sitting here by myself and in my head. I don't want to project that I am that kind of person. I am hopeful; yes, hopeful! even after 8 years of some pretty heartbreaking experiences. I know that children are in my future and I know that I was meant to be a mother. I also know that I will be an amazing mother, it will happen for me and my husband. I want other people to know that they are not alone. I am absolutely flabbergasted at the number of women I have met who have experienced or are going through infertility problems. It was probably 4 years into infertility before I met other women who were going through the same thing, and even then it's not really talked about. I felt alone for so long and recently I've realized how incredibly common it is! Who knew? I sure wish I had!

So please read my blog and know that this is all written from my heart with the only motive being to inform, share and encourage all who read and are interested.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I am the first to comment. I have a blog too- you will love blogging. Hang in there Gigs- it will happen and you will be a terrific Mom- I have lots of blog friends that have found or are still searching for their family. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it. Blogging has been the best therapy I've ever had. Don't ever not post something because of who might be reading. This is YOUR blog. Remember that and don't feel guilty! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete