Tuesday, May 18, 2010

an incredible year and 4 months!!

There is no way to describe how absolutely wonderful the time was that we spent with our little girl. I am not even going to try, i started in my last blog and i felt like it just didn't convey the feelings i had at the time. I am going to give a quick and condensed version of our time with our lil' love bug. She made every day exciting, new and full of life. She had some anger issues, she threw up when she was nervous and it made me so anxious everytime she went to a visit. I loved her smile and she had such a great laugh. She was a jokester! Wow, she loved to make us laugh. She was an experimental eater and would try anything at least once. She loved our dogs and her and jasmine were best buddies from the start. She was a very smart girl and learned quickly. She took her first steps with us and it was exciting! Some of our favorite things to do together as a family: eating dinner together, trips to the zoo, swimming lessons, laying in bed and watching t.v., shopping and bedtime. Bedtime was our favorite time of the day, brian and i would take turns reading Goodnight Moon to her every night and then we would take turns laying her in her bed. I loved when it was my turn to lay her down, she would kiss brian goodnight and then it was our special time. I would tell her in those moments how absolutely wonderful and amazing she was. I would give her kisses and it was our special time together when i would tell her my dreams for her and we could just discuss our day. When she was ready for me to leave the room she would say 'go now, mommy'. That's when i knew she was ready for me to leave and let her get to sleeping! What an amazing experience to spend that time with her. I will forever hold her in my heart as my little girl and i hope she will be a part of our lives forever in one way or another. She was returned home to her family on february 22.

2 comments:

  1. I hope things are going well for little love bug- I wish she was still with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate. I wish she was still with us too. Hopefully we will have a relationship with her in the future.

    ReplyDelete