Sunday, May 8, 2011

a reason to celebrate

What a wonderful weekend. Yes. Weekend. My husband did great this year. I spent the day shopping yesterday. My favorite thing. Just me. It was wonderful. Bought a new purse, an outfit and some shoes. Wooohooo! Took all my willpower to stay out of the children's sections, but i didn't buy anything for the kids. My friend melissa came over and watched the kids and brian and i headed out for a much deserved night out. We went to olive garden for dinner and then we went for a stroll on pearl street. Woke up this morning and received the most wonderful bouquet of flowers from brian and the kids. We had breakfast out, all of us with my mom :) I spent the rest of the day relaxing and then i went to play bingo with my mom. It was an amazing day.
It was the best mother's day EVER! I have spent so many mother's days feeling sad and left out, mourning losses and feeling sorry for myself. This was an extraordinary way to spend my first mother's day with a full house. I don't know for sure, with one hundred percent certainty that i will have all 4 of these kids in my home next year for mother's day but i do know that i have them now. I have cared for them, i take care of their owies, kiss them goodnight, i read them stories, i love them. I am thankful that my husband has recognized my efforts and appreciates all i do enough to treat me to a wonderful ME weekend! I am grateful that he has taken the time to help teach our children the importance of recognizing and appreciating me. I hope they learn this lesson well!lol He sat down with the kids and they all made me a flower with their picture on it, colored it and worked hard on making me a gift. SPLENDID. WONDERFUL. LOVELY. TREMENDOUS.

1 comment: