Wednesday, April 6, 2011

my friend, Loretta

I have had my friend loretta on my mind lately. I love that girl! She is amazing and i haven't talked to her in awhile. She is a great friend and she moved to south dakota too many years ago! We are great friends and i feel like we are complete opposites in so many ways. She is one of those people who can(and does) talk to anybody. She is funny, friendly, loving and full of life. When she walks in a room, the party starts. She is everything i have never been. She's a talker, i'm a listener. She has been my friend for over 10 years now, i've known her for probably close to 15. We do have some things in common. She has a wonderful family who means the world to her. She is one of those people who tries to save everyone around her and all she meets. She wants to make the world a better place. She has an amazing faith. We met at work and through a mutual friend but grew closer through our relationship we developed through church. We went to rome and paris together(with 100other people from our church) and our friendship really grew after that. She is a beautiful person, inside and out.

I did not truly find myself until i met her. I don't think i have ever told her this, like i said - i'm a listener. I love her for so many things but most especially, i love her for that. I hope she will not hate me for what i am about to say but it explains why she helped me so much. Loretta used to be plus size. She was the first person i ever met that was plus size, beautiful and confident. It was like her beauty from the inside shined through and she was just beautiful, people were attracted to her beauty, confidence and ability to make them feel good about themselves. Before i met loretta i had this super long hair, glasses and never wore make up. I didn't feel pretty and it definitely showed, pair that with my shyness and quietness and i was a lonely girl. I just didn't understand who i was. I didn't see my beauty. Then i saw loretta and how she was so beautiful and she just had this way of making me feel important and beautiful too. I know now how much she hated being overweight and she didn't feel as confident as she put out there but at that time she was a ray of light to me. I was a moth attracted to her and i couldn't get enough of her. I found my confidence with her help and i found my beauty. I cut my hair, started wearing contacts and make up. It was an amazing transformation. I felt beautiful and it showed. I don't know if i would have found my beauty without loretta, she is incredible and saved me in so many ways. Our song became bette midler's 'I'm beautiful'. I remember singing our hearts out to that song!lol dancing around and laughing! Boy do i miss her.

Loretta was my matron of honor at my wedding. I couldn't have had anyone else but her. I don't think i could have met and married brian without learning to love and appreciate myself first and she is the one who helped me to do that. I found my confidence and my beauty and within a year i had met brian. I can see my beauty now and i love me just the way i am and i have a loving and wonderful husband who loves me too. I have some of the most amazing friends and family in the world and one special friend who has helped me to live a better life. We have had our rough patches but i can't imagine a life without loretta as my friend.

How lucky can one person get?

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe there was ever a time that you didn't have confidence! the one person that motivates me, with only 2 kids, to get up and do my hair and make up! lol! thank god for loretta, what would i look like if i didn't have you to motivate ME!

    ReplyDelete