Monday, April 11, 2011

a family's loss

I have not always been a stay at home mom. I used to work at bright horizons child care center in the 2.5 - 3 year old classroom. It was a job i loved (and hated). I loved the kids and i had this one little girl in my class, she is a cutie and took fooreeveer to potty train. I think i had this little girl in my class close to 2 years and needless to say i grew to love her and her family. Her grandma would do a lot of the drop offs and pick ups and she is a wonderful lady who was always kind and would hang out in our classroom and watch the kids play and visit with me. The little girls mom travelled a lot and would come in once in awhile, she is a funny lady who had great stories and could talk your ear off. The family ALWAYS came to any classroom parties. The mom, dad and younger brother. What a wonderful family.

I just found out that the little girl's younger brother drowned this saturday. I am so incredibly sad. He was such a cutie, looked exactly like his sister. He was ALL boy! He was full of life and boy did that kid keep his mom and grandma on their toes!

I am so sad for the family. I can't imagine that kind of pain and sadness. I can't imagine the kind of strength it takes to get through something like this. I remember how close the two kids were with each other. You could see right away that those two were best friends! It is amazing the bond that siblings can have and i am so sad for that little girl....losing her baby brother and best friend. I am overwhelmed with sadness.

1 comment:

  1. oh no! i had no idea you'd know that family. they have been on our hearts all weekend. we can't imagine what it must have been like to wake up sunday morning and realize it wasn't just a bad dream, but reality. poor poor family. no idea what it will take to keep moving for them.

    ReplyDelete