Friday, January 7, 2011

enlightening

I met with the adoption coordinator today. I had no idea what to expect, what exactly her job was or anything so i went into the visit clueless. It was informative and i am thankful that our kinship worker from boulder county decided to join the visit because i would have been lost. I had no idea what kind of questions to even ask and the adoption coordinator, Joyce just kept asking me if i had any questions for her and i felt so silly saying no each time! I've never been through this part of the process so i don't even know what to expect.
We can't file adoption papers until the boys have been in our home for 6 months. That means we can file the end of march. the end of march. the end of march. That means the adoption could be final by april or may. (Let me say that again) That means the adoption could be final by april or may. (again) That means the adoption could be final by april or may. It doesn't seem real, it doesn't seem possible...
The moment it hit me (a little) is when she was asking me for some information she needed for her paperwork and she wanted the name changes for the boys. The boys names aren't going to change except for their middle names but it still hit me at that moment. I actually get to pick a child's name. I get to give him a name that means something to me and brian. Now we have to discuss it, because they need this soon and we haven't even talked about names. I haven't even thought about it, i never thought it would happen. ever.


And here we are.....

1 comment:

  1. :D YAY NAMES!!!! it still feels weird for me to call brandon asher and i hesitate every time. but I gave him that name, i WILL get used to it! :)

    ReplyDelete