Tuesday, January 25, 2011

my blog's name

Not sure if i have ever posted on here why i picked the name i have for my blog. A pink lily and a pocketful of stones. It actually came to me very quickly and i knew this was the name i wanted for my blog. It represents what is important in my life and what has happened in my life.
There are many important events in my life but the most important is when i met and eventually married my husband, brian. He is an amazing man and an incredible husband. I am very lucky and i can't imagine spending my life with anyone but him. We have been through some rough times but we have always had eachother through the years. He is my strength when i am weak, my silly when i am sad and my comfort when i am devastated. We met and i knew within weeks that he was someone special and 6 months later we were engaged. In the first month or so of dating he must of sent me flowers 5 or more times and every bouquet had the at least one pink stargazer lily in them. That is where i get 'a pink lily', it represents the relationship and love brian and i share.
I have had many losses in my life. many. It is something that has been a part of me since the age of 5 when my dad died. It is something that has defined me as a person. losses. I have had a miscarriage and 2 ectopic pregnancies, losses of children that never were to be a part of my earthly life. I lost my ability to ever have biological children with my last ectopic pregnancy, a loss that has defined me as a woman and mother. At the time that i started this blog i had recently experienced a very painful and huge loss, our lovebug had gone home to her mom. We had a 'my wish for you' goodbye ceremony in which we gave each other stones and each one was given with a 'my wish for you is.....' We each ended up with a pocketful of stones. So 'a pocketful of stones' represents my journey through infertility, foster care and the children who have touched my life. My babies who couldn't find there way here through me, my baby who continues to bless my life even though she went home to her mother and now the 3 boys who are filling my house with laughter and giving me hope once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment