Thursday, December 2, 2010

that's gross

We are having a problem with spitting. GROSS! The two younger boys are spitting on everything and anything and on each other! I do not know how to get them to stop. We have explained to them that the only appropriate time to spit is when they are brushing their teeth, we spit in the sink. The talks have not worked and timeouts don't seem to work for them either. I am trying something new now - everytime they are caught spitting, they clean the mess they made(washing the toy, using a towel on the floor or brother) and then they get to stand over the sink in the bathroom and spit. !!They do not like this!! Poor banana spits about twice into the sink before he starts crying, turtle spits about 10 times before he has had enough. If anyone has any ideas?!?! I would be happy to try them. We had to clean out two toy buckets today because they decided that was a fun place to spit, oh yeah, a car had to be washed also. It is truly disgusting. I don't know where they get it from, brian is not a spitter; maybe the former foster dad was a spitter. Who knows? maybe it is just something boys do, whatever the reason, it grosses me out and all i have to say is............BOYS!!(as i roll my eyes)lol

1 comment:

  1. I remember going through this with the boys- and we are not spitters we addressed it and it seemed like we just spit on them a few times, big green loogies and that took care of it!

    Just kidding- they did outgrow it though- but I agree boys are gross!

    ReplyDelete