Friday, December 3, 2010

did i mention i'm at a loss?

I am at a total loss at this moment. I have just seen a glimpse of my future with gee and i am scared! I hope we can continue with his play therapy for the years to come because he is going to need it!
So now that i have you all wondering, let me fill you in on what he has been doing this week and PLEASE let me know if you think i am over reacting and this is normal behavior for a 4 year old. I told you all about the spitting the younger two have been doing this week. I have been at a loss. They have had time-outs, talkings and they have been spitting in the bathroom sink as consequences. Sometimes they will finish with the consequence and minutes later i am told they are doing it again. There we go back to the sink and a talk. So tonight gee brings me a toy bucket and says that banana has spit in it again! It is a lot of spit and i have been suspicious of who is actually doing the spitting since last night. So i go into the room and ask who spit in the bucket. I ask banana, no response. i ask turtle, no response. i ask gee again to tell me. He says banana again and i tell him 'i don't think banana did it'. He says turtle. I tell him 'i don't think turtle did it'. I ask him if he spit in the bucket, no response. I say 'gee, i think you are the one who spit in the bucket.' No response. Then i know that it is him, because believe me if he did not do it, he would be yelling and crying that it was not him! I had him spit in the sink, talked to him and couldn't even deal with the lying at that moment. I was astounded at the lie and the craftiness of the lie. I don't even know how to deal with this right now and i am too angry to deal with it at this moment. I am at a loss. I know kids lie but at this age it seems like the most common lies are to keep themselves out of trouble. I don't know how a child of 4 lies day after day and their goal is to get their brother in trouble. I mean seriously this happened like 4 to 5 times a day, and poor banana and turtle were the ones getting in trouble. I think back and gee was just so smug and had a 'haha' look on his face. He was so happy his brothers were getting into trouble. I am so sad for him, how angry and jealous is he that he would make up this kind of lie and execute it 4 to 5 times daily.
I don't know if it started off as a lie or if the two younger ones were spitting in the beginning and he added some extra incidents in there with the real ones. I just don't know.
It really is a crafty lie. It takes some planning and he totally set up the evidence and everything. He showed me the spit every time. He is very smart. It makes me very sad though....i don't believe him now. It is hard to believe what he tells me and it is something we are going to have to work on. I am happy i blogged about this because it has helped me to realize that if he is smart enough to come up with this little ruse then he is smart enough to understand when i sit him down and talk to him. We will definitely be discussing this in therapy this week and i need to know how exactly to handle this. HE'S ONLY 4! Oh, we have a lot of work to do for this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment