Monday, July 12, 2010

heading to grand junction

We are heading to grand junction again this week, we will have a visit with the 3 boys on thursday. It's a long trip to make for an hour long visit! I am so nervous when dealing with mesa county social services, they are so shady and i have not felt very welcome. I don't get a good feeling from the main caseworker and i really hope we don't have to see her on thursday when we meet the boys. I am hoping it will be a case aid or another social worker. I really don't even feel very comfortable with the family therapist either. It is so different being on this side, i hope this is not the normal experience for family members. I hope that boulder county doesn't treat the family the way we have been treated. I would like to have our calls returned, i would like to not be lied to, i would hope they understand that our only interest is the best thing for these kids. I am not trying to get custody of these kids for the benefit of the bio parents. I could care less what the bio parents want, we are doing this only because we want what is best for the boys. I feel like brian and i can provide a loving and stable home for all 3 boys, we can answer their questions as they get older and we will not keep them from knowing or having contact with their bio parents. Let's hope the courts will agree and grant us custody. We have court next week so we will be heading to grand junction again.

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe trip- hope it goes well. The system is so hard to deal with- hang in there.

    ReplyDelete