Tuesday, November 23, 2010

potty time

Our little turtle is wearing underwear. Brian actually made the plunge and decided on saturday that he had enough of buying diapers and changing poopy diapers. He started taking him to the potty every 30 minutes. I bought him some underwear and an elmo potty book (he LOVES elmo) and gave it to him as his 'going in the potty' gift, and he started wearing them saturday evening. We have had two accidents since saturday. i must say that it has gone surprisingly well. I wasn't sure he was ready but he has just taken to it, no problem! He goes all by himself and has even gone poo in the potty. It is great! I was hoping to get him potty trained this week while he was out of school and i am excited thinking that it just might happen! He wears his underwear all the time except for at night time. I am happy to say that it is him doing all the work and not me or brian who are the trained ones! That used to drive me crazy at school when parents would insist their kid was potty trained and never had accidents at home; then at school the kid would never go to the potty on their own. In those cases, it is the parent who is trained, taking the kid to the potty every 30 to 60 minutes. I am happy to say that turtle is going on his own and is doing a great job, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment