Wednesday, November 3, 2010

getting it out

Okay, so i know i just posted less than an hour ago but this is seriously how crazy fostering is! There was a hearing today for the boys case and apparently the former foster family is still involved and they are still trying to get the boys?!?!? AND the family therapist is concerned and feels that we are not setting up the services fast enough! This from a lady who talked to me once for half an hour the first week the boys were home and last week for 2 hours. She is the same lady i called 2 weeks into having the boys and told her that i was not getting any paperwork from mesa county social services. I couldn't even meet with my boulder county caseworker because we were waiting for paperwork! We received therapy papers 2 weeks ago and i have a meeting TODAY to meet with a therapist. It is not me or brian who are dragging our feet and taking our time trying to set up appointments! I have called and called and called, trying to get the paperwork we need. We just received birth certificates, medical passport (another story), immunization records and ieps 2 weeks ago! The boys have been in our house for 7 weeks now. Grrrrr.........i am so incredibly frustrated with mesa county, my new caseworker for boulder county (not at all like my last caseworker) and that damn therapist! Everyone makes light of the fact that we have been waiting for paperwork, like it is no big deal and then we hear this crap? Both the gal and my caseworker said 'well, it's probably better that it is taking so long to get paperwork, it gives the boys a chance to settle in and they don't get overwhelmed by too many people and appointments.' I am so frustrated right now. There is really nothing we can do either. We don't have anyone representing us in court so we don't really have a say, and who wants to drive all the way to grand junction in the middle of snow time? NOT ME!
Now i am getting my information from my husband, who is getting his info from the birth dad, so who knows what this actually means, what was said in court or how it was presented. I just needed to get this down and vent a little.....

1 comment:

  1. ooooooooooh my gosh! HOW can they keep this a roller coaster even now?! and i thought mesa county didn't want to place any other children w/the last foster mom because of how awful she was in letting go of the boys. this is NUTS lisa. hang in there. who knows what was said or how it was said. maybe your brother-in-law is misinterpreting information. UGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete