Sunday, June 5, 2011

A LOT of caps....it's THAT kind of post!

Is it a coincidence that social services closed lovebug's case last friday and NOW mom has decided to take off to grand junction with lovebug for the summer? I think NOT! She has no reason to stay here now, she has no one watching her and she has no one to answer to, she has NO support.
You would never guess from this post but I am surprisingly calm right now. Biomom claims to want lovebug for the summer and then would like to bring her back to us for the school year. That's a BIG 'we'll see'. She has not followed through with anything else she has said so i seriously don't believe this one! I am so sad but I understand. I DON'T KNOW HOW. I empathize. I DON'T KNOW HOW. I am not angry with her. I DON'T KNOW HOW. I just know that it takes a VERY strong, well-supported and clear-minded person to be able to give their child up, to hand over custody.(or a parent who has no connection to their child) Biomom is NONE of these things. She is alone. She has no support. She loves lovebug. She really does. I honestly don't believe lovebug will be in any physical danger. I honestly believe that biomom will keep lovebug safe. It won't be MY safe, but i do believe she will be safe. They are going to be staying with biomom's sister. They will have some support. Biomom just doesn't have it in her to leave lovebug.
I will tell you who i AM angry with: social services
I can't believe they closed the case. RIGHT when biomom was close to making a decision. RIGHT when biomom needed the most support. RIGHT when lovebug was so close to getting some stability. They keep this f$&*ing case open for close to 3 years and NOW they decide they HAVE to close? REALLY?!?! Mom is at her most vulnerable. She lost her boyfriend. She lost her home. She lost her kids(he refuses to let her see them). She doesn't speak to most of her family, including her mom. She is diagnosed depressed. The case has been open 2 years 10 months but NOW is the time to close the case. Not 1 year ago when mom had lovebug 3 months and everything was fine. Not 9 months ago when mom had lovebug 6 months and all was fine. Not 6 months ago when mom had her baby and everything was fine. NOOOO! They waited till ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING had fallen apart in biomom's life and THEN they decided, this is the moment we NEED to close the case. SERIOUSLY?!?!? I am so incredibly angry with them for the way this case has been handled. I am disgusted that somehow OUR little girl is the one left to deal with the consequences. They will move on to the next case, another kid, another family. THEY will not be losing sleep at night wondering how lovebug is doing. THEIR job is done.
I know social services CLAIMS to be there to protect the rights of children. THEY ARE NOT! I cannot tell you how many caseworkers/social services professionals who have told me what a strange and messed up case we have had with lovebug. They just can't believe the amount of time it has taken. They cannot believe the back and forth we have had to deal with. I am tired. I am DONE with social services. I don't want to do this again. I'm DONE jumping through hoops for an agency who treats us like shit and then leaves us to pick up the pieces of their case. Not again. I cannot wait till the boy's adoption goes through and we can JUST BE DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment