Tuesday, June 28, 2011

elation with a side of sadness


My brother juan came in late saturday night. I am soooo happy to see him! The last time i saw him was 2 1/2 years ago when my grandma died, the last time i saw his wife jenn and their two kids, was 4 1/2 years ago when they came out for christmas. It has been way too long. I have missed them all and i am so thankful that my mom was able to give us all this incredible gift. All of us together and enjoying each other's company.
I love juan, he was one of my best friends growing up. We had great times but we also fought like CRAZY! especially the tween and teen years! It was ridiculous. He makes me laugh. He makes me cry. We share the same memories and to quote from The Big C: i am closest to him (and my brother david) genetically than any other person in the whole world. I love that he can show up and we just pick up like he never left. I love spending this time with my brother and all of my family. We spent the weekend with each other and we all had a great time. We can only take each other in small doses and this weekend was perfect!
Wellllll.....almost perfect. I miss our lovebug! Oh, i am sad my brother and his family will not get to meet our lil' lovebug. I just have this underlying layer of sadness attached to my happiness and elation of this visit with my brother. He would love her. She is amazing and a crack-up! I was looking forward to introducing him to my family and my family is not complete without her.
Maybe next time......

1 comment:

  1. I am sad as well. I think that is one of the reasons I was such an ass to start things off. I realized though that She will always be a part of our family and maybe we can take her to visit your brother.

    ReplyDelete